simple amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:smash: hello i am new to this and my interst is t make one amplifier with power somethinc like 200w tops but i want this as simple and cheap is possible i could of course compromize with the sound quality but simple to make low cost is the original target ..... so far ive been playing trying to improve john tyrone simple amplifier ( easy to find ) but it proove to be very unstable and then looking at kemo kits electronics in germany there is a kit that looked nice a 2 tda 2030 briged boosted with 4 bd907 transistors so i thought about using all a bit bigger like tda 2050 plus bd 249-250 for the outpout.....any sugestions ????

sakis said:
:smash: hello i am new to this and my interst is t make one amplifier with power somethinc like 200w tops but i want this as simple and cheap is possible i could of course compromize with the sound quality but simple to make low cost is the original target ....

My suggestion would be to back off on the power * a lot* and use the savings to build a higher quality amp.

Hello, sakis

It is a lot of problems, money and difficulties building a high power audio amplifier.
I would not want to do this.

If you look here in Solid State forum, in Chip Amps forum and even in Pass Labs forum,
you will see most members have built 'only 25 - 60 Watt' amplifiers.
And they are very happy!
Plays nice music and makes their loudspeakers scream loud and high volume.

If you do not need 200 Watt for something special, like discotheque,
I think it is better you check out some of these many nice projects.

:)

Saki
"kemo kits electronics in germany there is a kit that looked nice a 2 tda 2030 briged boosted with 4 bd907 transistors so i thought about using all a bit bigger like tda 2050 plus bd 249-250 for the outpout.....any sugestions ????"

listen,a 200w amp is going to be expensive anyways, check out
these guys at www.delta-audio.com a beautiful hq amp kit for saki
and is not too expensive either

good luck

Re: main target cheap and simple

sakis said:
both of this schmatics sugested with the first look are very nice also i am shure that they perform brilliant BUT!!!! both of them are neither simple nor cheap to make .....

I truly thank you for your interest but for sure i need something more simple and cheaper

If was possible to build good 200W amp simple and cheap everybody would do it.
(Why should we build 50 Watt, in this case?)

200 Watt amplifier which is simple and cheap, will not be good!
And probably not have 200Watt output!

Because is difficult to build 200 Watt.
You can not make it too simple.
You need VERY BIG transformer and heatsink.
And this is NOT cheap .....

lineup's right. You won't build a high quality 200W amp cheaply. I built a pair of 135W monobloc power amps last year, made my own PCBs, shopped around and got the best discounts on parts that I could. They still cost me about £500. The mains transformers, heatsinks and filter capacitors came to almost £200 alone. The power transistors were also expensive - 2 x MJL3281A on each regulator board and each power amp board @ £5.50 a piece. That's £44 just on the output devices.

sakis said:
:smash: hello i am new to this and my interst is t make one amplifier with power somethinc like 200w tops but i want this as simple and cheap is possible i could of course compromize with the sound quality but simple to make low cost is the original target ..... so far ive been playing trying to improve john tyrone simple amplifier ( easy to find ) but it proove to be very unstable and then looking at kemo kits electronics in germany there is a kit that looked nice a 2 tda 2030 briged boosted with 4 bd907 transistors so i thought about using all a bit bigger like tda 2050 plus bd 249-250 for the outpout.....any sugestions ????

The cheap method is to buy a cheap name-brand amp.

They have the advantage of economies-of-scale.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.