three tap loudness pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi friends,

I need your help in finding the schematics for 1 mohm three tap loudness pot. Yes I searched. Here and elswhere. There are some threads about loudness in general, but not the schematics or detailed article how to calculate the parts.

This is an old but probably very high quality pot. Its big, the biggest I have seen, taken out from an old console. It says its 0dB. Must be precise. It's 1 megaohm, three taps. I would like to buit a versatile volume regulator with it. Probably fully passive at first, and later with high and low fr. outputs for biamplification purposes, the outputs will be buffered. I would like to have all the taps working, with option to turn them on/off, which should give me many fr. responses, thus eliminating the need for active preamp.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
ed

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
nobody? anybody? please I need the schematics for parts in three tap loudness pot 1 mohm
there must be many tube amps using this

ps: sreten, I completely agree with you, but as I explained, this is what I have and would like to use
i still believe that 1mohm pot as a passive part (even if I will end up buffering it) will have lot less noise than whole preamp with few op's
active parts have lot more noise, thats what I want to avoid
by using loudness with many taps, i can possibly find the combination, which will satisfy, so i do not have to use bass/treble control

I meg makes sense when dealing with the output from
ceramic cartridges and valve stages with no output buffer.

In a console you can keep the leads from the valve stage
very short and thus keep treble loss to manageable levels.

All that High Z circuitry is one reason valve consoles
were never famous for having low noise floors.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.