Vreg vs CCS - basic Zen question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking over everything Mr. Pass has on his DIY site and I have the following question:

The gain element in a Zen is fed by a Constant Current Source - which in turn is fed by a regulated Voltage supply. Could these two things be combined? Could there just be a central regulated current supply for both channels - or am i missing something basic here?

:confused:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I believe that central regulated current supply for both channels for Zen will work.

I use centural PSU for both channels of my F1. Still, the left sound is on the left and the right on the right.

One bridge diode is ok for the central PSU. But, I use four of them in paralle because I somethimes like to apply my own "redundancy" rule. If one of them is open (probability 10%), the other three will still work. Two of them open (probability 1%)? The other two will still work. Three of them (probability 0.01%)? still the remaining one will work. Do not take this comment seriosly plz:)

Regards
jh

---
diyAudio seems to be getting ugly daybyday.
Whyno own forum inPassdiy . . . ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.