Pick a Pearl Output Cap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• cap-18.jpg
    cap-18.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 336
Gregorio said:
What are peoples preferences ( brands ) for output caps ( C9 ) on the Pearl Phono stage?

Thanks Greg

hello Gregorio
There are many choices of output caps, especially when we are talking caps made for loudspeaker XO - The ones that steen links to I can recomend, they resides in my Proac 2.95 speakers, and are really walue for money. I use mundorf M-caps in my pearl, and they sound good also.

BUT - I have heard from "people" that loudspeaker caps first begin to sound good when they get some "juice" flowing through them - we are talkin 400 volt devices that hump along at 1-2 volt of AC - many for instance prefer small electorlytics caps - I have put some Elna Cerafine 100uF/25 volt back to back in my BLS, instead of my previous film caps, and they do sound better, especially better bass( mabye due to larger sixe) but also "hole thorugh to the stage" so to speak - a feeling of beeing clooser to the performing mucisians. I have just aquierd some black gate NXHQ for my A30, that I will test soon - they should be the best.

Again - different devices sound different - buy something different caps, and mabye some small bypass, like the blue evox/rifa MKP, and try it out - see what you like in YOUR setup/taste. Also, "The flying scotsman", aka Tony Gee, has a very, very nice site, with a famous cap test on it:

http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/

Have a nice weekend !

Cheers !
Buhl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.