upgrading to bal. output trannys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased 4 Oxmoor 4x4 buffer amplifiers on ebay.
They were advertised there as the "transformer balanced" version, but when I recieved them, turns out they are the "electronic balanced" version.

http://www.oxmoor.com/files/cut sheets/4x4 cut sheet.pdf

On the pcp board, there are 2 caps, where each channel's trannys would go. Now, because the same board is used for either option, yes, there are the pre-drilled holes for the tranny, as well as markings for a coupl'a resistors or caps too.

What would it take to make the switch?
Could I find the right values/parts myself, without too much hassle?

I would be using them between various synths and my semi-pro computer music settup (DAW).

=RR=

I apologize. That page is showing/describing the 4x4t.... ("t")..., the one I thought I was buying (and that is what I want to end up with, after putting in the optional transformer outputs).
All the other links on that page point to what I have now, the 4x4.....(no "t".....(no transformers)).

I don't need trannys on the inputs, btw.

=RR=

Hi redrabbit,

So what you have is actively balanced (inputs and ) outputs and you wish to change it to transformer balanced outputs.

You need transformers and advice from the manufacturer as these are possibly fitting the same chassis/PCB easily for either model.

If not we need to obtain suitable quality/price line transformers and locate points in the cct to insert them.

Cheers,
greg

Thanks for the replies. I will call the manufacturer, and ask these Q's. I think if I get a tech on the phone, he might understand my situation, and will be forthcoming with free advice.....someone in the front office, might not be so......keen.
But not always. For example I needed help on a discontinued JL Cooper product, and the tech there seemed annoyed that I was even asking for suggestions about who to send it to, for repair. Another company's tech talked my ear off about a diy upgrade to their product. :djinn:

I'll post back when I hear something.

=RR=

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.