Improving Video on DVP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What, if anything, can be done to improve video quality on a SONY DVP NC555ES? I've been told:
"What you get is all that you're going to get"
"Adding a Superclock will have a salutatory effect"
"Work on improving the quality of the DVD/CD itself"
Any ideas/recommendations would be appreciated.

This should go in the video section.

most upgrades you can find here are about audio but I think it should work with video too.

A better clock improves the sound so I guess picture should be better too.

Here you can find "superclocks" made by Elso Kwak, Guido Tent and others. They are made for audio but I guess it could be worth trying.

"What you get is all that you're going to get"
Upgrading, by example, can make a cheapo CDP a great one.

In fact, most upgrades you can find for audio here can be applied with video. There's just less info. A thing you could try could be to put an other video DAC, making a big difference.

For video, the best quality image can be had with "component" video, Y Pr Pb. Next best is S video. A big step down is to use composite video. Progressive scan will look best overall, for movies shot at 24 frams a second (most are).

Set yourself up with a component video system before modifying the player. That will get you a much better result for effort vs any mods to a player in composite video mode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.