Help, serious newbie seeking advice!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

Looks like A great site you guys have here loads of members, which means hopefully someone will be able to help me out!! i have just bought a new house and want to put speakers in 3 rooms and in the back garden, i want good quality speakers but not the best and need to know what sort of amp/splitter do i need to have individual volume controls.?

Hope this is posted in the right section i look forward to your responses before i buy totally the wrong thing!!

Cheers

Red

You want to BUY something not build it? This is a DIY forum.
Why not build a unit that will enable you to switch your source (CD player or whatever) to whichever amp-and-speaker system you want. I think you are better off with seperate amps close to the speakers, rather than switching the speaker outputs of the amps through (miles?) of cabling.
Failing that, one of the "lifestyle" systems might fit your bill. I haven't looked myself- I prefer DIY, (unless there is a very good reason not to).:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.