class d chip amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sagarverma said:
but there no one replied.i suppose all interested there in discrete amps that i hate like anything(too big)

you are so right. anyone using chips on the forum is either upgrading the little sonic t-amp or they are using a kit from www.41hz.com

anyone actually building something is doing it desecrete which i believe is very courageous, but the effort outways the gains.

once my smps is done, my next step will be a 6channel class-d chip amp. im looking at using a tripath chip. im thinking of either just ordering 3 stereo kits from www.41hz.com or i will build the application circuit suggested in the datasheet of the chip. i mean the 41hz kits are just direct copies of the circuit you find in the datasheet.

so it will come down to a question of cost and being able to source parts. im yet to find a source for tripath chips :mad:

check out the TA2022 on tripath site. it seems the easiest one to implement.

we are on the same path, so lets help each other out!

u r right.
i am now using tda7294 amps with smps in my car.+legendary tda1554q(my first amp),with biamping using 12db/oct lr xover.but iwant class d bec high effeciency so mini heat sink(car gets really hot{tropical india} after jus few min. in sun)using fans also to be on safe side always.i like compactness and huge ugly heat sinks suck.
so class d is what i m looking at.

reagrding the kits,the total cost of getting them here in my country would be so high that i will be better off to buy sony444 amp and still be in profit.

so waiting for your experience till then let the current system continue.

ive stopped believing in brand quality long ago for audio.

i dont wanna bash your beliefs or anything, but all the sony car audio products i've heard sound terrible to my ears. especially that Xplode branded stuff. sony doesnt always mean quality, actually it rarely does.

my experience with sony had been very great.i have sony walkie.discman,usb pendrive,tv............ and the list is long.performance is great by all.i have heard sony xplode based systems in friend's car and i m simply flattered by them.
i dunno what u all feel bout it but i have great respect for sony.

anyways,y should v discuss a brand.

i need advise and assistance on class d.so lets do that only

sagarverma said:

anyways,y should v discuss a brand.

i need advise and assistance on class d.so lets do that only

agreed

i found some other kits which use tripath chips but they are way more expensive than 41hz. you could take a look at them here:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/tripath_amps_e.html

but they are lower power than what we are looking for.

how many channels do you need?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.