What about using that MANGER transducer??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i want info on that driver ..
it seriously interests me for my next project
( wich will be my bedroom/music/gaming sound system )

have any of you used those drivers ina project?
listened to them on some kind of setup ?

have any info at all ??

cause from the specs, they seemed to be quite capable unit in the speed and frequency !!!

i'm considering using them in OB either 1 or 2 on each side
+ a sub reinforcment for 200hz - bass

thanks for any info u got :)

i've been calling audio places around..
and it seems that no one has anything with em on ...
or not available at all around here, so i think that it is going to be seriously hard for me to listen to em until maybe Montreal's sound festival next april ...wich is too late for my winter stuff :p

Soon: could you give more details about that ?
what type of enclosure? amplifier?
what exactly did not work for you ?

The speakers I listend to were the 103. Just out of interest, I specifically went to listen to see if it was what I was looking for.

This was in a store, I do not recall what equipment was used. I specifically picked the MANGER test CD because that is also one of the CDs that I use as well.

I specifically picked pian portion of the test CD, because I know that this is where most speakers fail miserably.

My impression was, the piano did not have the transients and dynamics I am used to, much less than a real piano. Since this was over a year ago, I can't really remember much more. Originally I though maybe the humidity here is effecting it is some way, but MANGER though it should not be effected by humidity based on engineering judgement.

Here two threads dealing with the Manger that might interest You:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=47535&perpage=10&highlight=&pagenumber=1

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5803&highlight=Manger

there are much more......just search for Manger and "thread titels only" (otherwise You get an awful lot of hits).

i've been calling audio places around..
and it seems that no one has anything with em on ...
or not available at all around here, so i think that it is going to be seriously hard for me to listen to em until maybe Montreal's sound festival next april ...wich is too late for my winter stuff

You should definitely listen to the Mangers before buying such expensive drivers, in particular as it seems to be something like a love and hate issue with them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.