Things you hate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please share the things (audio related) that you see out in the world that you can't stand, or things that you used to do, but now you hate to do.

Something that I used to do was listen to music with the bass turned up all the way, and the treble turned down. I couldn't really hear the music, so I had to turn it up. That way, I got tons of bass. Now I can't stand it.

Another thing I hate is when people listen to music in their car with the stock head unit turned up all the way. The only thing they get is distortion instead of music. I have no idea how people can listen to that.

Peoples with earplugs at a concert

...and people that cough at concerts :mad: If you are sick stay at home!

Other thing that I hate is when you plan a series of mods to your gear and you have to wait for burn-in time to pass :mad:

Ah! and I hate the present ringing at my DAC :mad: :mad: :mad:

Very cool this cathartic thread :D
I never went to a group therapy ;)

I hope all of you feel better after throwing it away!
I do.

regards
M

People who wave their hands in front of me whilst at a concert. People who feel obliged to stand for every song.

Knock of the BS, sit down and shut up.

I feel better.

One more thing. People who drive slow in the left lane. It's not your lane, it's not my lane, it's the FAST LANE. Get it?

Hum....

1. People who think wire sounds different. Prove it all-darned-ready! Oops...you can't. Nevermind.
2. People who think resistors have a sound.
2a. People who think resistors sound different backwards.
2b. People who think resistors sound best using two antiparallel.
3. People who think capacitors have a sound. (Face it, given a good tolerance and low ESR and ESL, it ain't gonna happen.)
3a. People who think capacitors have different distortion values as coupling caps.
4. Other ignorance in general. Stupidity I don't mind, because that can be cured by learning. True ignorance, the will to refuse any and all fact, is utterly dispicable.

Hm, I should've put #4 first... the others really are just corollaries of it.

Tim

First, to the comment about ear plugs at concerts, I found that sometimes it actually allows me to hear the music BETTER! How? By cutting the high-end thrash that's echoing around the venue, and the echos in general, thus allowing a cleaner sound.

As to what annoys me? Try the idiots that have the kickers in their cars cranked so loud I hear them a half a block away! Apparently I have a sensitivity to certain low frequencies, and some of them literally and physically hurt my ears to hear. Not to mention the "wonderful" rattle of their trunk that must sound so great in the car!

People who claim MP3's are "Perfect Digital Copies" also annoy the crap out of me!! But, then again, if they can't hear the difference, shouldn't we envy them? They don't feel obliged to spend thousands of dollars or hours on trying to achieve the perfect sound!

And don't even get me started on....

I feel better now...

1) People who spend $400 on a power cable and insist the reason it doesn't sound right yet is that it needs to burn in.

2) People who build a new speaker and are not satisfied with the sound and haven't given it time to break in.

3) People who drive thru a residential area with the stereo rattling windows in every house after MIDNIGHT.

4) I echo the disgust with the over compression on some CDs.

5) "Bands" that use a synthesizer drum and bass track rather than hiring studio musicians.

Yeah, I feel better, now!

1. People who think wire sounds different. Prove it all-darned-ready! Oops...you can't. Nevermind.
. People who think resistors have a sound.
People who think capacitors have a sound. (Face it, given a good tolerance and low ESR and ESL, it ain't gonna happen.)

Come on! You don't hate us, we are nice people also :angel:
Maybe you get tired or bored with us...

Two reasons to feel good about your point of view:
1) You think you're right (I'm not saying the contrary :) ) and that's a good thing. Sc*** the rest!

2) If you really don't hear differences then it's a blessing :D
You save big money and time experimenting with diverse options.

I hope this is another success from Dr Max :D

I insist: very therapeutic thread.

Sincerely yours
Maxlorenz

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Aggressive?

Mrs.: Hello, my TV set just broke…I’m I speaking to the technician?

Salesman: Good afternoon madam, yes this is the technician speaking…

Mrs.: I was just looking at my favorite soap and suddenly the sound was gone..

Salesman: Hmm…the sound you say…how old is that TV set?

Mrs.: No idea Mr….Alfred………AAAAAlfred…how old is our TV?

Alfred: (Diving into the drawer to find some old papers of the set): Don’t know…must be 5 or 6 years by now….

Mrs.: 5 or 6 years he says…

Salesman: Then, miss, it must be your picture tube... I know them, they are famous for that…believe me, we got that problem at least once a week.

Mrs.: Oooohhh…are you sure? I recon it can’t be fixed then. What’s the price of a new television these days?

Salesman: We’ve got a splendid looking flat screen over here, and when you bring the old TV in we give you a marvelous discount…

Mrs.: I knew you were the man…can we come and have a look this afternoon….

/Hugo :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.