Dac project - 24/96 AND 16/44 non-upsampling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking to build a DAC that will do:
- 16/44.1 Non-upsampling CDs
- 24/96 Non-upsampling DVDs
- 20-bit HDCD Non-upsampling

Basically I need something that does not upsample the incoming signal, but is still versatile enough to take all this kind of sampling rates. basically it will need a switcher that will allow the user to select the sample rate.

Please let me know if you know any project/kit or PCB that is doing this.

Thank you

rmihai said:
I am looking to build a DAC that will do:
- 16/44.1 Non-upsampling CDs
- 24/96 Non-upsampling DVDs
- 20-bit HDCD Non-upsampling

Basically I need something that does not upsample the incoming signal, but is still versatile enough to take all this kind of sampling rates. basically it will need a switcher that will allow the user to select the sample rate.

Please let me know if you know any project/kit or PCB that is doing this.

Thank you

Any NOS dac with a CS8414 or later rx and a pair of PCM1704's will give you 1 and 2 but 3 lies somewhere between !£$%^&* hard and impossible. Unless you can design your own HDCD decoder or get Microshaft to give you the code so you can modify it, 3 is dead in the water as the hardware options, i.e. the PCM1732, the PMD100 and the PMD200, all oversample.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.