Wireless remote - resources

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings from London.

I'm starting the groundwork on building my own wireless remote control and pre amp.

The pre amp will comprise of 12 inputs:
Input 1: Turntable
Inputs 2 - 6: Line level with optional CAT5 balanced inputs for remote sources.
Inputs 7 - 10: Stereo inputs with switchable Digital inputs.
Inputs 11 - 12: 5.1 analog inputs.

Outputs:
8 Stereo CAT5 balanced outputs for whole house distribution each with volume control.
5.1 Analog out with volume for Lounge.

Volume control is probably going to be PGA2310 based.
Switch/Routing will be NAIS SD relays throughout.

The plan is to make this as a modular system so that inputs can be replaced as needed. Main sources at the moment are:
DVD, PS2, Computer, TT, Slim devices Squeezbox 2 (1 at the moment but planning to get more as funds become available) DAT, CD, Reel to reel.

Control logic of the above will be a PIC16F877 or similar. This will drop into sleep mode when there is no command processing going on to keep noise to a minimum.

In the lounge I am planning to either build or buy a hand held LCD touch screen that can be programmed to control the pre amp and sources. It may well end up being a Pronto or similar if building my own turns into an impossible task, but I'd like to give it a try. The Pronto is a bit limited being a 1 way remote device only.

All other zones will have wall mounted LCD remotes. These will be hard wired back to the main equipment rack over CAT5.

Anyone know any really good resources on the net for info on the following:

433MHz RF transceiver circuits. At the moment I've only been involved with basic IR, but I would like to develop a 2 way RF based system.

Small LCD colour touch screen modules (3" x 3"), (4" x 4") or (3" x 4") Ideally I want a bare bones OEM module that I can mount as I need. It can either be smart or dumb. A bare colour LCD would be fine.

I have more questions but want to cast the line and see what bites.

Thanks

res

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.