help with hooking up transformer to IEC and psu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've posted this in another forum, but I'd like to post here too:

I have a transformer I am hoping to use and need a bit of help hooking it up.
here are all the voltages as written on the transformer:

on one side of the transformer, there is a row of terminal pins on the top and bottom parts of the winding.

on the top row, here's what is written:

400 | 300 | 0 | 300 | 400

on the bottom row, here's what is written:

130 | 120 | 110 | 0 | 110 | 120

on the other side of the transformer, there is a row of terminal pins on the top part of the winding:

two pins for '6 : 3' and two pins for '13.6V'.

what I would like to do is hook the one side of the transformer to a 3 pin IEC with fuse, and the 13.6V to the psu found here: http://www.welbornelabs.com/ps1.htm

the 13.6V would have to be AC, so I wanted to hook up to the IEC and use a volt-meter to test this voltage and at how many amps. I would obviously need to be careful not to accidently touch the other voltages while doing this.

from the diagram on the psu link, there are four wires going from the toroidal transformer they use to the psu. There are only two pins on my transformer for the 13.6V. Is it possible to have two wires coming from each pin to the psu? How do I know which go where?

Being able to use this transformer I have saves me from buying the toroidal transformer Welborn labs offeres, making the psu total $75.

I still am unsure how to hook up to the IEC.

Thank you for any help. --tedbaron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.