diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   Luscious New Design!! (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/62572-luscious-design.html)

amplifierguru 15th August 2005 06:37 AM

Luscious New Design!!

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a wonderful new design that sounds simply awesome. It's a little fiddly to set up but once set it's audio nirvana! The design might seem rather pedestrian almost naive, with the resistive tail at the input and resistive Vas load but believe me it has been finely honed to produce 2.4W while dissipating only 147W . Excessive you may say? What about climate change? Bah, they're not beholden of this jem - anyway it's power stations not amplifiers that cause that! And of course it's patented and with a big shiny faceplate box and 2KW tranny and 279,000 mF and that 31.4K only the right amount of crap will come down from the PS to enliven the experience!

My mate (when he's got a new battery in his hearing aid) reckons I'm onto something! World best maybe!

Now down to it. All those funny resistor values on the single ended output are paralleled from best sounding 1K 0.43W ****** brand resistors which I can supply along with the inspired PCB. The 100K trimpot is to be fitted in reverse in the northern hemisphere to counteract coriolis forces which have been finely tuned out.

It's a work in progress but it's simply so good now I doubt I can improve it with little SMD bits under the board. It simply goes to show all those gurus with their convoluted designs just can't see the wood for the trees - I'm sure they never listen!

Enjoy.

amplifierguru 15th August 2005 07:06 AM

Of course it can be simply upgraded to 27,000W with a handful of selected (for Pd) BC546B's, for your next neighbourhood Indian Wedding or Rock Ape aural assault! It is supplied with 0.00001% gold solder for flexibility and tolerance of environmental disturbance.

Greg Erskine 15th August 2005 07:15 AM

Hey Greg,

Thanks for sharing. When does full scale production start? :D

Can you post the schematic of your mate's hearing aid? I think that might be the important ingredient with this amp.

amplifierguru 15th August 2005 07:21 AM

Absolutely,

I've been trying to relieve him of it to investigate but, after losing it many times, he superglued it into his ear making it really difficult to even charge the LI battery from his solar panel!

It'll just have to remain an unknown in the audio nirvana equation - for now!

Steve Eddy 15th August 2005 07:26 AM

Re: Luscious New Design!!

Quote:

Originally posted by amplifierguru
It simply goes to show all those gurus with their convoluted designs just can't see the wood for the trees - I'm sure they never listen!
I agree.

So why's your design so convoluted and got so damn many parts? :D

se

amplifierguru 15th August 2005 07:39 AM

Yes I know - I am simply drawn to those 1K ****** resistors - they are "Simply the best sounding organic film resistor on the planet"! The 1.01K's or .993K's just don't cut it. So, while it knocks up the parts count dramatically they're only DG$73.4 sheckels each (=14remnibi) so worth every cent. I might say finely balanced with that tail resistor.

Cheers,
Greg

AKSA 15th August 2005 08:20 AM

Nice one, Greg.

Pity, seems to obey most of the engineering rules, too, dammit......

Hugh

destroyer X 15th August 2005 11:49 AM

Hearing aid was funny Greg...hehe, this guy is also very interesting...the Gurú

2 Attachment(s)
Ahahahaha...hearing aid is beautifull.

But i am sure, our friend will have some "side effects" because of sound pressure directed inside his eardrums.

The result can be something "pretty" as i am showing ya.

regards,

Carlos

runebivrin 15th August 2005 12:40 PM

Where is the loudspeaker connected? Or do I connect it directly to the hearing aid?

Rune

hienrich 15th August 2005 12:53 PM

:smash:

as well as subwoofers inside the ears:smash:

just kidding......

hi Guru keep it on and on from 2.4watt to maybe about

2.4kW design without hidden secrets (things we most hate) :att'n:

I guess this time your talkin';)

rgds,

hienrich