white noise in subwoofer, home system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have white noise comming from my subwoofer and my bodyshakers. And not just barely audible either...

This started when I build in two bodyshakers with a new amp into my existing system. Somehow, if both the subwoofer and the amp with the bodyshakers are connected, they don´t like each other and it seems like there are stray signals.

The sub and the amp have seperate audio lines and my main amp/decoder even has two subwoofer exits, so they are not using the same either.

I even tried a new cable which doesn´t run next to the sub in the wall (lies across the room atm) but to no avail...

So I am pretty much stumped as to what is causing this or how to get rid of it. Without throwing the bodyshakers out of course. The amzing thing is that I could build a completely new system for my car just fine...

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
And if you need more info, like modeltypes of subwoofer and amps, just holler. I didn´t post them since they seemed unrelated to this problem, but then again, I´m no expert in those matters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.