help me refine this SQ design...please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
basically after all my listening tests I've completely dropped my line array design...

I'm interested in doing the posted picture....

it's a 3-way setup with ESL's as a midrange and tweeter.... the wide panel is for up to 4-6khz whatever sounds better on the active xover and the 1" wide panel is for tweeter duty (so there won't be a roll off until way way up in the bandwith... the stator's are curved

I'm very very interested in this as it's pretty much just an improved design over a ML E2 statement...

in the dipole bass tower will have 5 15" lambdas playing to 300 hz...

I like this design... and I know it can sound awesome...

also if someone could tell me what it would take to clone the wilson alexandria X-2s (like speaker wise and box design) that's also a possibility...

Attachments

• esl design 1.gif
    esl design 1.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 221
mike.e said:
Hi
Audiophilenoob

What you say isnt very clear,state which transducers,with links for more info as many many not know them well.

If you want to clone the wilson,give a link as i dont have it handy

what transducers?

they are Electrostatics... 2 panels in that one tower...

here's the link to the alexandria:
http://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/Alex/index.html

Wouldn't four woofers be better from a series/parallel connection perspective?

Regarding the x2 (and all these mega speakers), one of the design criteria is huge output levels- circa 120db in very large rooms. If you don't need this (and most don't) then why not design a scaled down full-ranger. A separate sub could be added if needed and placed to give most even bass, or eq'd to near perfection.

I reckon you could build something good for 20-20000hz at 110db for a quarter of the mega versions cost, and being much smaller it could have lower cabinet colouration and better imaging to boot.

How big is your mansion's listening room anyway?
:D

float said:
Wouldn't four woofers be better from a series/parallel connection perspective?

Regarding the x2 (and all these mega speakers), one of the design criteria is huge output levels- circa 120db in very large rooms. If you don't need this (and most don't) then why not design a scaled down full-ranger. A separate sub could be added if needed and placed to give most even bass, or eq'd to near perfection.

I reckon you could build something good for 20-20000hz at 110db for a quarter of the mega versions cost, and being much smaller it could have lower cabinet colouration and better imaging to boot.

How big is your mansion's listening room anyway?
:D

close to 26x15 feet

I think the 5 speakers are sexier but 4 is cool...

I'm fairly interested in a dual ESL design like that... it can reach massive output levels so I was going to use a very nice midbass solution

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.