KEF UNI-Q Driver Data

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am on the hunt for some data for some KEF drivers I have. And this is the only place on the web so far I have foind that shows any promise at all.

I have been given a set of KEF C75 speakers which were some of the sfirsdt to use KEF's UNI-Q I think. The only place that I have found any info on these speakers at all is on this site: http://www.spodmail.com/~nasta/audio/audio_kef.htm and as he rightly points out the drivers seem very good (especially for free :D). hoever the cabinets are not impressive and the crossovers anren't spectacular either. Even if I wanted to leave them as they are one of the crossovers is dead after (what looks like) a bit of a heavy time with lots of melted bits etc. It still works fine but sounds wrong. To my knowledge the drivers have not been damaged though.

Basically I'm after any data any one has on the drivers so that i can design some new cossovers and eventually new cabinets I have found nothing anywhere about it but have noticed there are quite a few with and extensive knowledge of past KEF drivers here so i'm hoping you will be able to help.

The speakers each contain 2 8" woofers, one of them has the tweeter mounted inside. There are two stickers on the UNI-Q unit, oine on the speaker chassis whic has the number SP3100 and one on the woofer magnet which says SP1244. There is another sticker one on the actual tweeter chassis inside the magnet which read SP1240. The other 8" driver has SP1237 on the magnet.

Any info on these would be much appreciated. Also any info on the C75 generally would be welcome esspecially the crossover. It might save me working out the crossover scematic from the cuircuit board.

Thanks for any help any one can give.

Cheers

Banks

Thanks for your reply dave.

Actually I haven't tried emailing KEF. For some reason after finding that the C75 isn';t ementioned at all any whereon ther site (even in the extensive "museum" section) I must have subconsciously assumed they were purposefully keeping things from me.

I'll email and see if I get a reply.

If any one else has any info/thoughts you are more than welcome to share!

Cheers

Banks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.