Where to find MT-200 Insulators??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to know too, Dave.

The MT200 Toshiba's and Sanken's i have used a number of times but no luck on mica's, so i stamped insulators from 8'x8' silicon sheet.
First attempt was cutting from large mica sheets, not a huge succes, never seen big mica sheets again in later years .
Kapton tape is sold in a width enabling it to use for MT200 packages, Kapton is supposed to be better than Mica.

No so long ago NP posted Mica is still best, i trust the master and continue to grease myself.

Overhere MT200's are sold at a number of places, but all but one i know dont sell matching mica's.
Around my corner they sell MT200's, but the tag is silly:

www.bmm-electronics.nl/Product.asp?Product_ID=727

Hau,

what about one of us sending you the money for the total number of mica's, you send the MT200's to one adress, after which it goes to the rest who like some.
That way you need not do all the labor of mailing the mica's to all of us.

Unless someone in Australia is more favorable i'd be pleased to do the distributing.
I like some extra for people here in Europe who need them, at cost.

hau

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
hi guys

i have some bads news , i check on my local electronics shop and they say that the price of the mica insulator has gone up , i can no longer get them in 50pcs. a dollar instead 20pcs. a dollar. its been quite a long time since i bought mine. next time i will check first , im very sorry guys.

what about one of us sending you the money for the total number of mica's, you send the MT200's to one adress, after which it goes to the rest who like some.

that's a good idea since i dont have enough money to buy all the micas, and its quite expensive for me to send them.

one thing more i dont know how you could you send me the money since i dont a credit card or even bank account.

if i have the money i will going to send them free. im just trying to help.

thanks

hau said:
the mica already has a hole. i used them with 2sc5200.

1 hole or 2 ? MT200 insulators should have 2 Holes.

Haus,

how about you send me your adress and i'll send you $25+mail costs to Holland in a letter.
If you are interested i could send you some silicon or silpads

I suppose 500 insulators are enough to supply everyone interested with ample mica's ?
Maybe people can post a preferred number.

I cant imagine i would ever use up 20 that would be enough for me. I would just like to keep a small stock on hand in case i need to replace on here or there.

Lets make sure we are talking about the same thing as well. a MT-200 device looks like this:

Attachments

• trans sm fr.jpg
    trans sm fr.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 259
You can get MT-200 Mica's from a NYC joint called :

www.matchaknob.com

They have 2sd669/ b649's at great prices. Only issue is sometimes I got some fake Toshibas from them once... generally helpful but you gotta get used to the "Queens" type service levels....

Wink WInk.

By the way try and call them and explain what u want. I sent them a fax with the outline of the MT-200 Mica drawn out and i got a bunch of them 20 or more for free when I ordered my trannies from them...

Good luck!

K-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.