Change input voltage to 220v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody!
I'm new in this forum and I'm writing from Italy.
I want to buy a Mark Levinson 23.5 amplifier but I have to change input voltage from 110v to 220v.
I know this is easy... only arrange few wires. But where I can find some information about doing this? Is there someone who can help me?
Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English.
Regards,
Emiliano

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Just a small warning before you buy, assuming it's a second hand unit. (Or even new)
Make sure it can be converted to 220V.
Ask the seller to (let it) convert for you, sometimes these things can be tricky.

To proceed to the normal technical issues:
Usually, the primaries of the mains transformer simply have to be wired in series for 220V and in parallel for 110V.
However, if you don't have the necessary knowledge or wiring diagram of the amp, ask an expert.

/Hugo :)

Thank you for your answer.
Yes, it's a used unit.
I asked the seller to convert it for me but he isn't able to do this.
Only he said it's easy to do.
I know all Mark Levinson units can be converted with few simple operations... but I don't know how.
I'm looking for a techical manual a simple wiring diagram which explains how to do this.

Regards,
Emiliano

Netlist said:

To proceed to the normal technical issues:
Usually, the primaries of the mains transformer simply have to be wired in series for 220V and in parallel for 110V.
However, if you don't have the necessary knowledge or wiring diagram of the amp, ask an expert.

/Hugo :)

could I still parallel the primaries of two 110V devices even if the devices were of different wattage/completely different appliances?

my case in point - I have two 110V mixing desks and am using a step down for each, they are totally different in every other way..

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Optical said:
could I still parallel the primaries of two 110V devices even if the devices were of different wattage/completely different appliances?

It will work only if the two devices draw exactly the same current at exactly the same time. So two lamps wired in series will work, two amplifiers will not. Best to stick to the step down transformers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.