Need an Op amp which can take a 60V - 140 V input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I really need help on this thing. i need and opamp that will not burn or get spoiled by giving it a high voltage input. like 60 to 140 v input.
Everyone seems to be assuming that you mean 60 to 140 V power supply. But you said input. So I will assume that you really meant input.

What you need to do is use a voltage divider before the input of the opamp. A 10:1 divider will reduce the voltage to 6 to 14 V which is within the range of most opamps. Your power supply should be a few more volts than the maximum input voltage. Of course, your output voltage will also be limited by the power supply voltage, but since you didn't mention a specific required voltage, we can only assume that you don't need anything special.

illum said:
it basically is a telephone signal. when simple voice is transmitted the voltage is low but when a ring signal is suppose to be passed the voltage is between 40 - 160. so i need to reduce this voltage with out disrupting the normal voice signals.

Abey Saaley, kiya kar raha hai phone key saath? :D

Jacco me thinks this guy is doing something "interesting"... especially if he is between the age group of 15-25 ;) Seen a lot of that. Me also hypothesizes he blew whatever he had working when the tel rang.....:t_ache:

Attachments

• tel.jpg
    tel.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 132
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.