Running BLS on higher voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 250VA, 40-0-40 torroid laying around, I'd like to use it in my BLS(BOSOZ) project. I see the benefits of running it at higher voltage but is 80V too much? How should I scale up the component values? I'm not quite sure of any of my own calculations when it comes to important projects, so please help a little.

BTW, if mr.Pass is reading...I am very greatful for your work. I admire you for being here, so often, to help everyone with questions. I am thankful for the ZEN articles, I apreciate that you explain the entire circuit step by step; the how's,why's and the reasons for them. I am taking greater interest in electronics because of this. Although I can solder like a machine (I soldered my first part in my pre-teen years) I had never understood much of the actual circuitry, now I'm beginning to, and it all started when I read the Zen article. A sincere thank you.

If I understand correctly, just add the appropriate zeners to the PSU and I'm good to go?

I already planned on a little overkill in the heatsink department, it just so happens I have some really neat extrusions kicking around.

Also, what do you think of the ('old-school') practice of thickening the board traces by laying solder on them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.