NSB's Triangle rears

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

Did a mock up of direct/indirect radiating rear surrounds.

Here are my thoughts:

Triangle cabinets mounted upside down in the ceiling corners. The slope of the sides of the triangle and catty corner mounting will have the side drivers and top driver firing at an angle into the walls & ceiling.

I figured to use 4 NSB's and 3 of the Onkyo Tweeters. The Onkyos would be front & side firing (the 2 sides in parallel, then in series to the single front). The NSB's would be two pair of series in parallel. Is there a resistor I could use to slightly attenuate the output of just the front firing NSB.

Here's a pic. I cut out where the front drivers would go and just used a marker to show about where the sides and top drivers would go:

Attachments

• dcam0007.jpg
    dcam0007.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 351
Dah, I forgot to ask. Does this seem like a good or bad idea? What I was looking for was to get wide dispersion.

The other idea I had was was to make them a V shaped open baffle and have the drivers fire into the walls & down right & left. The potential problem I saw with this was size of the baffle & cancellation. I wanted to keep the speaker as small as possible and be about -3 db at 200 hz.

Thoughts & suggestions would be very appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.