Best electrolytic caps for high current power supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If u talking about brand,then there is lots to choose from::) Rubycon,Sanwha,Nippon Chemicon,Elna,Sprague,Mallory,Philips,BHC Aerovox,Siemiens..............and so on.But i m not sure these brands:Black Gate,ROE do produce big caps or not:confused:

U may can also try brands from China mainland or Taiwan seen that they are cheaper!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll have a look at some of those brands mentioned. I am trying to avoid esoteric caps. Nothing worse when you outlay big bucks for those parts and find a cheap Taiwanese part is as godd or better.

When the old caps in my amp died I tried the BHC Aerovox. They degraded the amps sonics incredibly. The old caps, Elna's (grey sleaves), were purchased in 1975 but were not used until 20 years later. So I bought another set of nothing special Elna's and the amp was singing again.

I would like to buy some larger cans for a bigger amp I am building but don't want to buy one of everything to measure for dissipation factor.

Anyone here been through the pain I am trying to avoid and can give some real world figures of dispation factor and some subjective analysis of the big can capacitors sound qualities?

Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.