Regulator Board ( group Buy )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok it took me a week to learn eagle with some help from Jens Rasmussen i did a layout then he changed it to single sided. I will pot the board layout to see what people think and i welcome any suggestions and comment's. It is based of Nelson Pass's Regulator for the Zen amplifiers i saw it and wanted it for my personal use for some amps i have here at home. if any one is interested in a few boards please post it so i can see if we should start a group Buy.

Attachments

• reg-board.jpg
    reg-board.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 601
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
jleaman said:
Ok it took me a week to learn eagle with some help from Jens Rasmussen i did a layout then he changed it to single sided. I will pot the board layout to see what people think and i welcome any suggestions and comment's. It is based of Nelson Pass's Regulator for the Zen amplifiers i saw it and wanted it for my personal use for some amps i have here at home. if any one is interested in a few boards please post it so i can see if we should start a group Buy.

Where are the input and output connections?

--
Brian

Ok I ll try a new layout tonight then when i get home ill be up if you want to chat again Jen's. Im also thinking maybe some fuses and a led showing it is on and the bridge rectifier on board so all that is needed is the tranny Directly connected to this board.

1) Fuse per rail.
2) led Status Light
3) input / out put Terminal's
4) Onboard Bridge Rectifier's using a bridge or Fred's.

Of course and ill share it too : O ) I'm adding a few things tonight.

Ie power terminals
Output terminals
Led Power.
Dual secondary's Instead of one.
Thicker traces.
Maybe more cap's possibly 6 instead of 4.

I'm planning to use these for 2 thing's. One maybe if possible for my mini a's to bring down the voltage to 20v rail's and for my other blue amps that run on 40v rail's..

Hope it work's.

For 20V rails, just use two 10V zeners per side, and link the unused pads. For 40V, use two 20V zeners per side.

The Fets dispose at least 4 volts, so you need to add that to the zener string.

4) Onboard Bridge Rectifier's using a bridge or Fred's.

A regulator like this is meant to sit after a raw supply, so you dont want the diodes here.

Maybe you could make it so you can connect it between the first and second bank of caps where the inductors ar bridged or load resistors.

I dont think it is a good idea with big caps after the reg. It might oscilate.

You might want to check if it is possible to make a output sensing
connection (to the amps output) to modulate the supply's voltage. This will increase the amps overall efficiency.

Steen :)

Edit. You dont need 1000uF caps for this application. 220uF is enough. the circuit works as a capacitance multiplier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.