PPI 600.4 amp blown?? HELP!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a PPI 600.4 amp.

I was hooking this amp up to my car which already had the amp's
1ga cable ran to my distribution block.

I did not have the fuse in at the battery, nor did I have the 4 ga cable hooked up to my power distribution block.

I was working from the amp back to the battery. I had the ground cables hooked up 1Ga and 4ga to the amp. then i had the 4ga power wire hooked up to the amp, but not the distribution block.

Both wires slipped out of the Crappy A$$ power connectors and when i placed the power cable back in, a thread touched the ground cable wire & caused a **Spark**
Y..... I don't know.... I had no current running thru these wires.

Now my amp shows it as being in protected mode & surges my power when hooked up..... Can ANYBODY tell me what the problem is ???????!!!!???!!?!?!?!?!?!?

The spark comes from a quick discharge of the input filter capacitors. While this *shouldn't* cause a problem with your amplifier - some designs allow this input short to blow other stuff up. However, try powering the amp without a speaker connected and see if everything's OK.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.