Yokogawa DL7100 4-Ch 500MHz Scope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried to search the net, but very few information is available. :bawling:

Does anyone know about those scopes?
I could get one cheap, but it doesn't work.
It seems that it doesn't start up. The dealer states it's because the "Analogue Board" does not release the data bus. According to the dealer, changing the defective board should cost almost 10'000 USD.

Well, thats the reason they give the scope away for few money :smash:

My question is, has anyone experience with Yokogawas, and would it make sense to get that beast (around 6 years old) and try to fix it, down on component level?

I cannot afford to pay the mentioned sum, neither 1/5.... (and I don't really need such a big scope), but it appeals me nevertheless, it has even a logic analyzer built in....

Thanks
Tino

Just to recently I have never heard of Yokogawa but they are really big in Japan according to my swedish dealer. Yokogawa hasn't tried to promote themselves outside Japan especially much.

I have got info about the 9000 series (ouch, the price tag! :bigeyes: ) but the 7000 has "everything" and the 9000 has even more features.

A new 7000 series oscilloscope costs around 10 kUSD so I think you should get a second opinion about the cost to get it working again.

You could check with my swedish dealer what he have to say. Right now, don't pay anything for the oscilloscope! You have better wait and see how much it will cost to get it working.

peranders said:
You could check with my swedish dealer what he have to say. Right now, don't pay anything for the oscilloscope! You have better wait and see how much it will cost to get it working.

Well...I have it already. Good thing is, I did pay only very few money, just a symbolic price.

I tried to ask for a bid for following boards in the US, as a kind of "second opinion":
Yokogawa DL7100; Model
701410-F/B5/N1; Serial No. 12V91xxxx
- 1 piece Analog Board Assy, B9969MA, approx. 2.75" x 3"
- 1 piece A/D Board Assy, B9969MB, approx. 9" x 12" "

And the guy here in Switzerland answered.:dead:
They seem to know where their stuff is (I wrote the detailed Serial No.)

Don't know how your dealer would handle this, though.
Could you point me to him?

Thanks very much, Tino

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.