Car stereo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys Ive got a 1988 bimmer with a blaupunkt audio system that I want to upgrade...

The system sounds great as it is, but Id like to add an extra sub to the mix, to make it 4.1.

What Id like to do is buy a sub amp ic, and set it up so that I can run the stereo in and out of it, and connect it to my 4 ohm sub. Ive got a 12" 300 watt sub but I dont need 300 watts, like around 70 or 80 will be fine.

So basically I need a 70 watt mono 4 ohm amp, that I can run a stereo in and out through, and depending on the ic, I might need a dc/dc converter...

Any Suggestions on the IC, the schematic, and/or the dc converter?

Thanks in advance,
~Pent

It's never going to be 4.1 unless you have a megabuck DVD surround headunit; it will always be simple stereo in the front and that same stereo in the rear.

Car amps is the one thing where 9 times out of 10 you really are best just buying something ready made. Firstly, a chipamp will struggle a little to get enough output, and the DC-DC converter is not a trivial thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.