Tweeters upgrade for DX25TG05-04 or XT25TG30-04??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I have DALI SUITE speakers. They are wonderful speakers with minor flaw: laid back extreme top end.
So, I would like to change build in Vifa's tweeter (model:
BC25TG15-04) with better one.

I am considering DX25TG05-04 or XT25TG30-04 Vifas.

I would be very glad if you could tell me which are suitable/better
substitutions for original Vifa BC25TG15-04.

DALI speakers data:
Sensitivity: 90dB (measured at tests 93dB)
Crossover frequency: 2.200Hz

Tweeters links:
BC25TG15-04
DX25TG05-04
XT25TG30-04

Thanks!
Zoran

Its sad to see that no one has yet replyed to this thread.

I ordered some DX25's today and I was just looking to see if I could find any feedback about them. I'll let you know what I think of them when I get them.

They look like a good value at $28 apeice from partsexpress.
High power handling
wide badnwidth
and they look similar to the dual concentric types.
The frequency response plots looked decent, pretty flat even on the 30degree off axis resp. The 60 was a bit wavy and rolls off premature, but who listens 60 degrees off axis anyway.

I just got done choosing some SEAS 27TDFC tweeters for a "simple" exchange for some burnt out tweets in el cheapo bookshelfs. I just wish they didn't cost so much and don't wanna pump any money into them, but am afraid the audiophile in me is attempting to take over. I'm hoping a simple blocking cap and nothing else will suffice. There were several 1 1/8" units to choose from but I feel the 1" units might just sound better on the top, never minding any measurements.

I tested DX25TG05-04 and XT25TG30-04. DX25 sounded better than XT25 with unchanged crossover. I did some changes to crossovers but without success.
Crossover changes are not as easy as they seem to be :(

Then I found this link:
http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=speakers&n=218850&review=1

So I bi-amped Dali Suite speakers and changed my speaker cables.

What a change in sound! Especially at the top end and in sound image.
High frequencies are now silky smooth and there is no trace of sibilance.
So, stock Vifa tweeters are actually nice then :)

Dali Suite speakers have at the back simple wires instead of gold-plated jumpers to bridge Hi and Low speaker terminals in case you don't Bi-Wire them.
As mentioned in user manual you should at least Bi-Wire speakers.

Thanks for your help,
Zoran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.