PREAMP suggestion for my IRAUDAMP.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi, as some of you knows now, i have done a prototype of the IRAUDAMP. It sounds marvelously good.
I would like to build a simple preamp for it, that will at least, match its performances.

Preamp have to be: max 600 ohm ouput res. capable of 5vrms output.
Preferably non inverting, no op amp please.
Possibility if a baxandal circuit (who likes flat flat sound anyway)

Ive been looking at some of the Pass projects. Id like to get a simple one, but not that much ;)

any suggestions ??
schematics please !!

tia.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi, thank you for the suggestions.

Main problem is the low input inpedence of my iraudamp, and then a passive preamp is not enough ( i did try it). A small gain is needed to get full potential of the amp.

Anyway, in my latest version, i have added an opa2134 to do a balanced input mode, mainly for bridging capabilities, and it have something like 47kohm of input load, while the output got like 100ohm impedence, so it will get no difficulties to drive the amp. I havent assembled the final board, but initial test shows quite good performance, the opa is a very good opamp, and seems at home on this design.

Then maybe a passive preamp will work ok, i didnt try it on this final design. My Luxman tube CD player got a motorized potentiometer at one of its output, it is my passive preamp :D

thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.