Thermaflo Quotes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

Yes, this is another heatsink post!

I had just recieved a quote from thermaflo stating:

E3087U X 48.00" - 543.22 each
E3096U X 48.00" - 497.18
E1363U X 48.00" - 691.33

Now, how can the above prices differ from the prices by more than 2 times?

Heatsink Sourcing (split from AXB thread)

As I understand, they are both 4 foot sections. Anodizing and cuts not included.

Anyhow, I am planning to build 2 Aleph 30s.

Judging from previous posts, it appears that many people would be interested in purchasing some heatsinks. Although I have absolutedly no experience with organizing group buys, I can attempt to just so I can get some heatsinks!!

The Canadian heatsink groupbuy thread seems to be indefinitely on hold, anyone interested in a new group buy for 2005?

Cheers,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

The heat sinks from R-Theta are an excellent deal even in small quantities. I just ordered 4 pieces of their beefy 65340 extrusion, cut to 12 inches and black anodized. $65.71 CAD each plus a $50.00 setup fee. There is a price break if more then 10 pieces are ordered. Prices must be due to Ontario's cheap electricity, gotta love that hydro!www.r-theta.com

I am also finding Hammond transformers to be a quite a good deal, I just recieved my toroids, they're spec'd at 16.5 pounds but weigh a full 20! How's that for Canadian modesty!:cool: http://www.hammondmfg.com/

I do have another question.

I am not experienced with obtaining quotes from heatsink manufacturers (or almost any manufacturer for that matter). Should I provide more information in addition to what I want to buy? Does anyone know the business aspect/process of this?

Thanks,

Brandon

Thank you for your advice Gaucho. I have emailed R-theta several days ago and waiting for their reply. But I didn't expect them to be that cheap!

What extrusion, length and finish did you ask R-Theta for a quote on? I would be curious to see some more of their pricing. Please let us know what kind of price you get from them. Thanks.

I am not experienced with obtaining quotes from heatsink manufacturers (or almost any manufacturer for that matter). Should I provide more information in addition to what I want to buy? Does anyone know the business aspect/process of this?

You may want to ask how long it will take the manufacturer to complete your order. After I had order comfirmation R-Theta told me my sinks would ship out in about 3 weeks. You may also want to let the manufactures know if your not buying through a bussiness, that way when you place your order they're not wasting time trying to get a hold of you for PO's that don't exist or for shipping accounts you don't have.

beedlo said:
Has anyone had trouble getting a reponse from R-theta?

They state that they will reply within 2-business days. I suppose personal orders take a longer time?

All my e-mails were answered in 2 days or less, never any problems.:confused: I noticed they have several different sales e-mail addresses on thier site depending on where you look, perhaps some are no longer in use. Did you try to phone them?

They do seem rather slow but I urge you to stay cool and wait for them to contact you. R-Theta is a big company and we don't want them to have second thoughts and revise their minimum order requirements to avoid nuisance orders like yours and mine. :)

BTW what length did you spec?

I requested a quotation for 4 ft

I orderd four 12" pieces, so it will be interesting to compare the price difference. I assume yours are black anodized as well.

I wonder if it's worth considering having the heatsinks powder-coated instead of anodized, it might cost more but I'm sure it would look nice. Perhaps if the heatsinks are powder-coated one could not bother with mica and thermal grease. Anybody have any experience with powder-coated heatsinks?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.