what's with the avatar mass change?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Well, I think I need to have a slightly more rapid turnover!

Attachments

• mice.jpg
    mice.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 118
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yeah SY the dope smoking monkey seemed to be around pretty much from when I joined, was a little suprised that you changed your avatar (appaerntly since I hadn't been on for a while) twice in the last few months.

I think Pinkmouse and Planet10 also had pretty much had the same avatars since I joined, all seemed to change at once, started thinking there was some sort of conspiracy going on ;)

edit: that's a lot of pink mice you have there pinkmouse :)

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes I do remember that one peranders :)

I do remember seeing him change once, and someone making a comment about how old are you in this one P10 :)

I'm thinking maybe I need a change now..... how bout this one?

Tony.

Attachments

• water_lily.jpg
    water_lily.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 88
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I thought I replied to this last night...... hmmm... Um I thought that wintermute never took on any "form" so to speak, at least not in Neuromancer, however perhaps he did in Count Zero, I think that the virtual stuff was more advanced in count zero, been a long time since I read it so my memory may be faulty too :)

I do see some really cool avatars every now and then, but I haven't come up with anything to replace my madelbrot yet.

I kinda like the fact that it is a DIY one ;) generated on my old Amiga 3000 using a program I wrote myself :)

Tony.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
wintermute said:
... generated on my old Amiga 3000 using a program I wrote myself

Big up to the fellow Amiga fan! I was heartbroken when my old A4000 finally passed away about 6 months ago. Strange that I used to think I would never manage to fill a 80meg hard drive!

As for your namesake, I'll have a quick look for the book...

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Have you seen this? http://www.amigaforever.com/

you can actually get the emulators for free from elsewhere and since you own a 4000, you have the roms, so can legally "obtain" a software download of them..... (in theory you are supposed to extract them off the machine but if it is dead that's a bit hard).... The amiga forever contains as far as I am aware the freeware emulator + legitimate copys of the roms.

Works quite well on an athalon 2000 machine (quite a bit faster then my A3000).... I did it mostly so I could play larn ;)

My first HD was on my A1000 with phoenix board, 52MB scsi and it cost me the almighty sum of $450!!!!!! and yes I can remember one of my friends bought an 80meg HD and we thought he was so pretentious, cause you could never ever need that much space :)

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.