Decent Video Editing Software for a Diy-er

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Unless someone can point me to a decent forum about video editing software I’ll post my question here mainly because this is a decent forum.
What would be a good video editing software package to use for basic editing recorded movies and then burn them to DVD.
I happen to record a broadcasted movie now and then which I would like to look at later when Diyaudio went to bed.
I use a Pinnacle PCTV card to capture the movie but I’m not really satisfied. Lets say that I can manipulate it and finally capture the movie.
I tried demo versions of Magix and Pinnacle. Magix is simply impossible to use. Although a few people I know are very pleased with it I find it buggy as hell and the Pinnacle software is too limited to do any decent editing.
What other software should I try?

/Hugo

Hello!

How about the Pinnacle Studio 9
video editing software? I have used
this package a bit and find it easy, flexable,
and fairly comprehensive for most basic tasks.
It can also be found bundled with one of their
video I/O processinbg cards at very good prices.

Fastcat

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I use Studio8 for the moment but find it too narrowed in many ways.
No way to edit sound except from adjusting the volume, takes ours to render, not possible to pick one frame, no way to choose TV channels in Recording mode...
Maybe these issues are solved in Studio9, don't know.
If Magix were written in a decent way, I'd go for it but if I start naming the problems I encountered with it I would surpass the 10.000 character limit in this post. :D

/Hugo :)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Pinnacle Studio 8 took 16 hours to render half of a 4.2Gb movie.
It crashed in the 17th. hour.
I downloaded a trial version of ULead VideoStudio8 and was able to use it one time for ten minutes before it crashed. On next start I got the screen attached.
Oh well, I think I stick to my old analogue video recorder for the moment.

/Hugo :)

Attachments

• ulead.gif
    ulead.gif
    36.1 KB · Views: 31
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.