Looking for suggestions on a 1300W Dual 18 sub design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am about to construct a dual 18" sub using RCF L 18P300 drivers. I am building the cabinet out of 19mm Ply. I cabinet is 400L vented cabinet. I am thinking of using one rectangular port in the center of the cabinet to help with structural strength. The dimentions of the cabinet are 570x640x1400mm. The height of the cabinet is so I can set a Mid/high Box on top. I currently have some single 18" subs that use the same driver and have derived the dual 18" from simply doubling the measurements. The single 18" cabinets use a 200mm port 280mm long. I would be interested in hearing some suggestion on port positioning and tuning frequency. I believe the current box is tuned at 33Hz. Also any other comments.

mjcohen said:
I currently have some single 18" subs that use the same driver and have derived the dual 18" from simply doubling the measurements.

Be careful when you say that. If you have actually doubled all the measurements then you will have four times the volume.

Your best bet (assuming that you like what you get with the existing single-driver box) would be to clone the single-driver box. Either make individual boxes or a double box that is separated internally by a partition. That way you copy the vent design and everything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.