• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Mro Pt8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hello,

Looking to build a Katelelo?

You may need to ask someone for a copy of the datasheet from the " Electronic Universal Vademecum ".

I'm not sure about this but I think most of these PT references were meant for postal services/governmental services.

Ciao,;)

Hi guys...thankyou :D

No, I don't want to build a Katelelo. I'm playing with constant current source as you can see here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46326

I like what I've listened...and I like even more the fact that I'll be able to try different tubes with the same ccs, same power supply and only a few changes on the circuit. I've made different boards for HT power supply, heater supply ( 2 boards, one for the rectifiers and rcrc filter and another one as heater constant current source ), ccs load and line stage circuit, so I can change only the circuit board, set the ccs reference resistor and the heater supply ( 2 resistor) and try different tubes. When I'll make different audio board I'll be able to change easily the pre...and listen to the differences :D. I have no long experience in audio DIY and I've not electronical background ( I started to DO something last year) so I think this will be an interesting investigation :D . I want to learn as much as possible, I'm bewitch from diy world. I love music and I really love to understand how things works ( well this is the reason why I've chose to study meccanical engineering). I think finding this forum I've found a gold mine...ritch of golden guys. :grouphug: Most of you are far away from my country...but here I feel like home :)

However...why PT8? I'll test some diffenret tubes...why not a single triode DHT? :devilr: A frind of mine, listened the 5687 I've built, ask me to try with PT8 and ec8010, he'll lend me these tubes. I'll try with 6sn7 ( single and pse), 6922 amd 6350 too...this tubes are in my drawer :cool: The only data I didn't found is the pt8 one.

Giaime said:
Quote:
"I think finding this forum I've found a gold mine...ritch of golden guys. Most of you are far away from my country...but here I feel like home. "

Non proprio. Mezz'oretta di macchina e ci possiamo incontrare. Io sono di Mestre!

...ahahah I won't translate that....

Figata...Muhahahaha :devilr:
I think you have to drive for one hour...I'm in Padova 4/5 days a week for university lessons, but my system is in Feltre (Bl) ;)

jlsem said:

http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/vademecum0.html

It appears to be the equivalent of the STC 3A/141A, for which there are plate curves.

I have plans to use it as a line out with transformer for my Loesch pre-amp.

John

Thankyou jlsem...the 3A/141A curves look good, they seems very linear. For the TS8 there is poor documentation...in Italy this tube was used for telephonic amplification. I can test it because one of my friends have two pt8 and he ask me to try this solution. I'm looking on the net to buy two pt8 but I don't know where can I find it. Other solutions for dht tubes? 26?

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.