Hello from Kozhikode...India

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But that was not the first,I remember i made a super simple Mediumwave radio. a germanium diode OA79 in series with an old telephone earpiece one end of it was connected to water pipe(Superb earth)and other end to an antenna.

Thermal runaway...i too had this problem...
AC128, i remember in a transisitor radio,kit,called "Jetking" i made
when i was in School.Unfortunately it didn't work first time.i wrongly placed a transistor,since the package was different from the manuel.that was BF495.I took it to a radio shop for repair, the guy made me a laughing stock and warned my Father no to encourage this kid into such hobby....

blown germanium transistor

hi sivan,
I m from delhi and i too a diyer from 1990 and have built many audio amplifier using ic and transistors. At present i have got a problem . I own an old woodstock amplifier using to-3 germanium power transistor without any no/name on them and transistors of one channel has been blow up dut to shorted output and i m unable to find their replacement as there is no number on them so that i could find their replacement. The amp works on 0-40 volts and the output transistors are pnp. Please provide me the necessary help.
Aman

hi sivan
you r right my friend i also own another old amplifier which uses pt 4 and pt6 in the output but they are all bown up due to my slight mistake and i now that amp is lying in my junk. i also think AD149 is an equivalent of PT6 and both of them are pnp as i have seen specs of AD149 in my transistor equivalent book. But i wanna use modern silicon power transistor (mj2955) and i have read that the biasing must be changed according to the new silicon transistor but i donno how to do this, please help me coz I have got no backgroud of physics i have done MA(economics) but i m interested in building power amps. I can build amp only if i have got right schematic but i cannot modify any amp.
Aman

hi sivan
I bought a pair of AD149 for 200/- per pair and they are working very nice. But i wanna ask one thing that is -i dont have physics background ,what should i read to be able to design and modify power amplifiers and also to understand the working of the schematics so that i can get good treble,bass and less distortion from a diy amplifier.
regards, Aman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.