diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Swap Meet (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/)
-   -   Projector setup for sale... (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/46995-projector-setup-sale.html)

jmebonner 3rd December 2004 02:18 AM

Projector setup for sale...

Complete projector setup for sale. It worked great, could use someone to design a bit of a better box for it...

Selling since we're rewiring the house and I'm remodeling the entire basement. I won't have time to think for the next few months, much less watch movies or play xbox on the projector.

ViewSonic NextVision N6 - Used for about 30 hours.

Stripped NEC 1545v 15" LCD monitor. I have a few extra parts for one of these around here somewhere I think, all works, no noticable scratches on the screen, and all the ground contacts have been soldered together. The power supply for it is new... I accidentally fried the other...oops.

80 mm triplet projector lens -

two 12x12" fresnels, they're somewhat scratched, so not worth much if anything. I used them, planned on replacing them, but never got around to it.

3m projector arm...It will take the image from laying flat and project it onto the wall. It's only a doublet, so I sprung for the triplet instead.

A big 'ol piece of blackout cloth I used for a screen 90" diagonal plus a few inches, it's how large the image was being projected from about 12' away.

400W MH ballast and 400 Watt MH bulb...amazingly, eye-burning bright, but bulky. The ballast probably weighs 30 lbs itself. It's a good ballast, no humming or flickering light like the cheaper ones sometimes do. I think I might have the big soup-ladle light reflector around here somewhere, I never used it.

A couple 12 volt computer fans for cooling and a 120v ac to 12v dc power converter I stripped the ends on to power the fans.

I also have a box I built out of 1/4" plywood, to Marty Carangelo's specs kinda. The only thing I'd change about it is make it a bit taller. Where the ribbon cable hooks into the panel from the controller card, it sometimes comes undone, easily done, I just never took the time.

I'd be glad to send pics, but please ask only if you're serious. I've a lot going on. Pic requests should go to jmebonner A T gmail D O T com

I paid $500 for the lcd, 3m arm, fresnels, bulb and ballast.... I know that was more than you knowledgeble guys would pay, so I'll ship the whole lot for $550, which includes the N6 (Still has everything, including box) and the triplet.

Heatware

eBay

jmebonner 3rd December 2004 10:13 PM

Bump

jmebonner 17th December 2004 04:15 AM

bump. Taking lower price / trade offers.