Cheap stereos and their complexity

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What in the h*** is with these cheap stereos and their complexity? My niece gives me this cheap piece of crap K*** stereo (probably about 2 watts per channel) someone gave her to look at the CD changer. It's one of those crap-boxes with a 3-CD carousel changer, I see the belts are that rotate the carousel and open the drawer are shot, I figure, no problem, change the belts and all is OK.:cool:

WRONG! :grumpy:

After taking out half a million screws and fighting with it, I finally get it apart enough to remove the bad belts!:gnasher:

Is it me, or is it in reverse proportion, the crappier the stereo the harder it is to take apart to change a simple belt?:headbash:

I'm so aggravated with it, I would like to:smash: it in a million pieces, or better yet, sick my double-barreled 20 gauge on it!:headshot:

As far as the speakers go, I would love to connect them to my Carver amp I rebuilt last year (still running great), and show them what real power is!:yikes:

If when I change the belts, this thing still has problems, (I hope I have access to a digital camera), you'll see what I really think!:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :RIP:

My old Magnavox player (yes, CDM2), I can take apart in less that 5 MINUTES! Plus it has TORX SCREWS!! And there's a LOT LESS OF THEM!!!:spin:

Thanks for letting me vent, group, I'm sure some of you have had the frustration of being roped in to repairing a relative or friends piece of crap. I've said this many times, YOU CANNOT POLISH A TURD! Take care and be good, vent mode off!;)

Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.