AM1600 (2x810W / 4 ohm)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone.

Australian Monitors AM1600 schematic is here in low res version.

Hi res version and the other important designs, including the softstart circuit incorporating a 40A TRIAC, the input stage (differential to single end), and a schematic with important voltages and currents stated on the output circuitry is hopefully soon avilable at www.audio-circuit.dk.

I´ve asked the site-master to upload the schematics to avoid posting numerous messages here. Hopefully he´ll have them up on his site within 48 hours.

The schematic states that HITACHI 2SJ56 and 2SK176 Lateral mosfets are used in the output stage. However, since these transistors has become obsolote, or at least difficult to get at a reasonble price - BUZ900/905 (or 901/906) are used in the AM1600 (and AM1200) that i´ve looked in physically. No other changes has been made.

It is , apart from Tannoy´s SR840 AMP, the best MOSFET amps i´ve heard in many many years. The output stage is rather simple, based on MPSA42/92 which employs very large bandwith.
Square wave analysis discovers that the phase margin in the feedback system is very high - my guess is well over 50 degrees.

Once i get my AM1200 disassembled i´ll post som pics of it here. It´s really nice work i think.

Hope that you find it interesting. Even though it is rather high power it is definatly suitable for homeaudio - and judging from the design it is not impossible to build at all. I´m planning to do so my self in near future.

Regards

Hans-Henning

Attachments

• low res.jpg
    low res.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 992
5 mA to drive 5 pairs of power mosfet follower?
- maybe ok in a sub amp

(i dropped the image into a paint window and rotated, zoomed 2X - i do think the forum 800x600 HxW limit a little annoying for this reason - this would be easy to view at 600x800, and the policy is nonsensical now that you have to open another window for graphics anyway)

I like to build a dual diff amp but I haven't got enough finance
have you ever listen any pass' amp ? I think both amp have ultra low noise
I don't know the function of this block .Can any one give me some explanation?:)

Attachments

• aaa.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 169
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.