Can't see some types of images

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recall there was/is a problem with some threads not displaying the thumbnails. AudioFreak was/is working on it.
Your link however does fine.
Are you behind a firewall/pop-up blocker/ad-stopper...?
You say you can't see the links either? That's strange.
Did you try clearing your cache?

/Hugo :)

As an example, in ZoneAlarm, when I block Animations, I can't see them either.
Blocking Banner/Skyscraper or Pop-up/pop-under doesn't affect the thumbnails.

/Hugo

AHA Thanks Hugo - interestingly enough disabling Blocking Banner cleared the proble up for me, teh other 2 are stil enabled, and I now see those attachments.

Lukas

did the fix involve turning off

seems to be a rather drastic and counterproductive solution

encouraging the use of external links seems to be in DIY's interest given the bandwidth issue

can't you just msg the offenders with a reminder that massive link images are a problem for dialups and hard to view?

it also defeats the point of having user preferences, can't you just turn autoloading off in you user profile?

was there a poll?

i drawn to DIY by the potential for intellectually stimulating technical discussion - for me this includes engineering graphics, it is too painful to try to communicate technically without graphs, schematics, drawings

i was seriously disappointed by the move to the thumbnail attachment system i find the switching between windows a distracting pita, until a few weeks ago i used dialup and even then i vastly preferred images to thumbnails

i think my use of external img links has improved the efficiency of my communicating technical ideas - and i composed the messages with the intention of the reader having the graphics and text together –btw the images in my last post are <~20K ea

i can see that there are a number of issues around forum content and images and realize DIY’s policies are evolving but i feel not having technical graphics in msgs (not just thumbnails) is serious step backwards

peranderds;
you have (or rather had) the option in your DIY member settings to turn off the automatic loading and see the IMG links as they are now

but AudioFreak has taken the option out of the hands of everyone for now

this is not a “reasonable limitation”, this is an elimination of a feature used by members for years

a policy could be announced, and moderators could enforce some graphic img size/relevancy tradeoff for inline IMG links, anyone can (could) turn autoloading off in their member settings

Peter;

there may be issues surrounding longevity of external links or the more ominous sounding DIY's "control" of the content but the issues haven't been discussed publicly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.