arm rewiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How do you rewire an arm? I have a serious hum problem with my lenco 75, and it seems to come from the wiring inside the arm. Now, i know where the wires start (after the contacts at the headshell) and where they come out, but apart from drilling out the contacts, and pulling very hard, I do not see a way to get to them.

Any more sensible starting points?

I started by taking everything off it without resorting to force or tool. But I think that the plastic plug holding the contacts for the headshell is held by the pin that aligns the headshell. If this is true, then the only solution is to drill that pîn. This is something I would rather not do.

Hmmh, :(

there must be some means to reach the backside of the contact plug.

Repeat, ask Jocko and mrfeedback. Email them if necessary.

BTW, i would take this opportunity to figure out a way to get rid of the additional (and sound-deterioating) contacts. Why not wire the arm on its outside, using adhesive tape to hold the wires?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.