ZAPpulse owners. Heatsinks and better sound when hot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What are you doing for heatsinking?

I recently install my kit into an aluminum chassis, and the modules run extremely cool now, but don't seem to sound as smooth. It is infact a bit brighter sounding and the bass is boomier.

Before, I had it on a test board, and the modules were mounting on a bar of steel. They ran pretty hot, but the sound was better.

???

None at all. What kind of issues do you have in mind? I would have thought the further apart the better so they don't have any chance of causing interference with each other.

They are almost completely silent at idle, just a very faint hiss from the speakers that I have to have my ear next to the tweeter to be able to hear.

When I switch the amp off, as the PSU caps are draining I get a faint weird eeeewwaaao sound a bit like tuning a SW radio for 2-3 seconds before the modules switch off. Not quite sure what that is but I it hasn't bothered me. It's a superp amp IMO :)

Here's another pic:

http://www.luacheia.com/misc_images/amp_project/amp5.jpg

I've twisted the input wires now allthough it didn't notice any difference as a result of doing so.

Michael.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.