Driver Suggestions for DIY Full Range Monitor??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the deal: I'm designing full-range towers with an overall frequency response of 18Hz - 20kHz. I'm creating a four-way design with four acoustically independent enclosures.

So far I'm somewhat settled on the Peerless 830500XLS 12" extra long throw woofers for handling frequencies from 18Hz - 40Hz in 160 liter ported enclosures with the cabinet resonant frequency of 20Hz and the port tuned to 18Hz.

I'm also considering the SEAS W26FX001 10" drivers in sealed enclosures for handling a mid-bass range of 40/50Hz - 200Hz. The frequency response and phase coherence profiles line up nicely between the two drivers, and the subs give me flexability in the volume of the enclosures for these drivers.

I am looking for a high performance midrange driver with similar listening characteristics to the B&W Kevlar midrange. I would prefer a flat, relaxed response with excellent imaging capabilities able to handle the 200Hz to approximately the 2000Hz or 2500Hz range. My modeled output should put this driver in the 85 - 88db range in a sealed enclosure. I've looked at the Focal 5K32128 Kevlar 6" driver, but it yields a surprisingly low output of about 80db.

Specs will give you only so much information, but as far as character, only listening will tell you what you want to know, so I'm hoping someone here is aware of such a driver....

Any and all suggestions will be graciously accepted, as this is, in my opinion, the most important driver in any speaker system.

Hoping someone who has been there can show me the light....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.