Enclosure for Kenwood Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
schematic for subs boxes

Hi guys

you guys seem pretty good with this stuff, i just got a kenwood 10"sub, im just a newbie with this stuff, but i manage to set everything up, just to test it, runs ok

but i never got a box for the kenwood 10"sub
im looking to make my own box,

does anyone know where i could find the schematics for a 10" sub box, thx

I've been looking around everywhere, and just can't seem to find it

I got a pair of KFC - W3009 's and with them comes an instruction sheet for the 10" version aswel, the recommendation for ported is 1 cubic ft, and for sealed, .8 cubic ft. No band pass given but as ur building it yourself i doubt you will need it. So long as its around those specs it should run fine, my boxes are .5 cu ft over the recommendation, but they are fine.

Note theres usualy 2 versions of the kenwood woofers, the high Qts version(cheepe) and the mid Qts version(expensive)

The high Qts version wont work on a ported box so well where as the mid Qts version will.

having a box 50% bigger than the reccomended will just cause a nicer sound if its a sealed box-it will lower the Qts,decrease Fb a(and increase excursion at the low end.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.