CD 850 Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I am new to this group and have searched the forums for some answers but no luck .

Need some help with a Philips CD850 behaving strangely. Around the last 2 or 3 tracks of a CD I notice what sounds like a very faint skipping noise. This is never evident at the first few tracks of a CD, always at the end. The CD on ocaison would stop playing in the middle of a track (any track).

I replaced the CDM4 with a new unit and adjusted the laser current for 45mV and the focus for 400mV. I do not have the Philips test disc for this and did notice that on the laser focus it was fairly easy to adjust for 400mV on track 1 of a CD, but selecting any other track the voltage is never constant - not sure if this is an issue or not. The problem is still there. I also replaced capacitor 2521 (47mf) in the laser supply but still have the same problem.

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Josh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.