Neodymium Magnets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Holy Crap, look at this thing.:bigeyes:

I would seriously worry about having something like this around. How the heck does a seller stock these magnets without getting injured or losing stock that gets stuck to something made of iron, let alone two of these getting stuck together. Wood must be this guys best friend! :eek:

Read this warning from one of his other auctions
New, high quality nickel plated square magnet. Actual dimensions 50x50x25mm. Very powerful. Need planning how to handle it. Every move with it must be monitored. Watch for scissors, watches, forks, knives all around path of movement of magnet. Never try to put it against heavy iron or two magnets together. The force is so great it will crack from an impact. If your hand would be between magnet and heavy iron or worse another big magnet, you figure out what would happen. To work with this magnet need two people for safety.

Watch out for knives, scissors and forks???? YIKES:bigeyes:

Well I guess I will find out, he lives in my city and I just purchased a variac from him, I pick it up at his shop tomorrow.

Just to be safe I won't park my car too close and I'll make sure not to carry anything metal with me, except with all those magnets everywhere I probably won't be able to leave with the variac ;) :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.