low V Start for SMPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I am working on a project and I want to make a SMPS to drive my project circuit. The circuit will require 6A at 65 Volts, but with only a %20 duty cycle. (only 60W or so) The filter cap that I want to use is 8200 uF, which I think is enough charge storage if the drive freq. is around 50Khz. There will however be quite a current surge on accout of the Z of 8200uF at 65V with 50Khz is pretty small.

8200uF might then again be to large, I have not yet experimented. :confused:

Anyway, when this circuit is switched on, I think I will need it to start the SMPS circuit with a lower voltage that rises relatively slow so that something doesn't explode. :hot: :dead:

Any real problems with this circuit so far??

BTW----- I don't yet have any thoughts for Q1 yet. Continuous drain current would never be higer than 3A. Perhaps this circuit might reduce the initial current surge? also making sure the voltage is the same, line voltage can fluxuate sometimes depending on how many people around you are cranking up thier AC units.:xeye:

I'm not real experienced with MOSFET devices, but I know how they work. Since there is no AC input to the mosfet other than current---->voltage correction, it should take virtually no current to drive.

Any thoughts???

Chris

Attachments

• slow.jpg
    slow.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 102
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.