BOZ or SOBOZ to drive a tube amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

G

Joined 2002
I'm thinking about building a class A mosfet linestage to drive my tube amp. I will have a subwoofer amp running in parallel with the tube amp so a total input impedance of 20K or less is possible. From what I understand the BOZ will do it. Any thoughts?

G

Joined 2002
Hi Nelson. I meant BOSOZ ( Bride Of Son Of Zen). What is your opinion and are there any changes you would make to BOZ if you were going use it to drive a 15K - 20K load? The dac I'm using uses caps on the analog outputs so I don't need the input cap in the original BOZ design but are there any other changes you would make? I think I could decrease the output cap size to about 2.5 uF - 5 uF.

Go with the Balanced Line Stage Pre-amp

G,

My friend drives his 300B SE tube amp with the BLS (BSOZ) with excellent results. Though the preamps is balanced, running it single ended seems to be just as good as other SE pre-amp designs. I say this because the improvement was so much on my friend's system that, he's actually afraid to try back his old tube pre-amp.

For me.. I like to keep things balanced when going SS all the way.

BQ

lumanauw said:

Haah....! It's the first time. The master don't know something.

May be the master has his own preference. Well, BOZ is the best preamp I have built so far. Not as simple as it look. May be the simplicity makes it difficult to get right. I have seen other people's BOZ sound a lot worse than mine. But still I haven't found a preamp that I like more than a passive one. Only my mini-crescendo that cannot live without a preamp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.