• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

OTL question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

I've some 6336A tubes and a couple of 190V transformers plus a beefy heater transformer.

My experiences with NOS 6336As are nothing to write home about as far as reliability goes but if you must use them you can adapt the Ciuffoli circuit around them.
The main problem with tubes like this is that there are hardly (none I know of) tube testers that will take them and quite often half of the dual triode is gone without the user knowing it...

Many years ago a friend of mine buit the Taki OTL and I must say it did sound very good:

TAKI.

The 500K plate resistor for the EF86 should be 150K and the value of filter cap for the bias supply is missing. I suppose something around 220µF/250V should do.
The value of volctrl on the input can be lowered (1M pots aren't easy to source) to 250K.

As for the Ciuffoli circuit, you'll find some advise in the OTL thread regarding this amp that you may want to consider.

Cheers, ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.