thermal distortion in class T amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

i resently builded an amplifier from a tripath module, and experienced that after short time, the sound change dramaticly when it gets little warmer. id like to hear from others who experimented with it. maybe who know details about the modules how to enhance its performance. standard aluminium heatsink doesnt improve it as i tested it. maybe anyone can come up with ideas to cool the module active, but in a discrete way.

michael

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
memo said:
Hi

i resently builded an amplifier from a tripath module, and experienced that after short time, the sound change dramaticly when it gets little warmer. [snip]michael

Well, if this happens, there is something seriously wrong with your module(s). Maybe you should send them back for exchange.
My experience, although through a friend, is that they are rock-stable on this. There are no "analog" biases or conditions that can change due to temp. In fact, with increased temp the switching should become better, if it would change at all. What's the delta-T you think?

Jan Didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.