Accurate DIY Loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am kind of new here and I was hoping you all could help me out a bit. I am intereted in a DIY loudspeaker design that is very revealing and accurate. I am building a project recording studio and I need my speakers to be as painfully true as possible. I am planning on using a Benchmark DAC1 into a DIY Pass Labs amp (probably the Aleph-X if I can get a board). Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

atticus said:
Hi all,

I am kind of new here and I was hoping you all could help me out a bit. I am intereted in a DIY loudspeaker design that is very revealing and accurate. I am building a project recording studio and I need my speakers to be as painfully true as possible. I am planning on using a Benchmark DAC1 into a DIY Pass Labs amp (probably the Aleph-X if I can get a board). Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Important questions, I think: How large is the room? How far from the walls and corners will the speakers be placed? How far away will the listener be?

Well I don't exactly have the room yet. I am doing a lot fo planning for a studio I hope to build soon and the monitors are obviously a huge part. Accuracy is the key for me and I am exploring both the room design and the speaker design at the same time so as to hopefully have them work very well together from the get go. Thanks.

I hope that you all don't mind if I bump this as I am still looking. If anyone knows of a great pairing of accurate monitors and amps I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Any amp that supplies the power you need should be fine, especially if you use the THOR. It's an easy load for any amplifier to drive.

My advice is to ignore any suggestions regarding ultra-expensive high end preferred devices when it comes to amps.

QSC makes some of the best built amps anywhere and they are built to be rugged and they sound perfect.

You might also want to check out www.overstock.com as there are some Crown amps that are available there at good prices with plenty of power.

Also check out the other amps available there as well, you might just find a real bargain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.